A REVIEW OF OUR IMPACT
With your help, we have been able to make an impact in the lives of youth in foster care. Here is a look at the areas we have impacted.
Home to 30 Children in Foster Care
- The JJ Home has already made a huge impact in just two years taking in 30 kids in receiving care, giving them a soft place to land while long term care was arranged.
- A new family has moved into the JJ House from a two bedroom apartment. This move allows them to increase the number of youth they are able to foster with a 5 bedroom home. They will be able to fill the rooms with youth in need and help keep siblings from being separated!
- When a stay home order was implemented this year, Homestead was able to react quickly to the needs in the foster care system and donated 32 laptops to youth in care. This allowed for easier access to remote learning and visits with biological families when in person meetings were no longer permitted.
- Homestead launched an expanded way to help get more families ready to foster. We now offer support services to families in the fostering process that are experiencing financial obstacles to preparing their home for foster care.
- 50 educational gifts were given to youth in care at our 2019 Christmas party. We threw a special party and also had a room full of items for the families to select from including bikes, clothing and toys.